Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dear Little One

26th March, 2013

Dear Little One,

My heart is so very heavy at having to say goodbye to you.  I had so many hopes and dreams for you and felt so blessed and lucky that you came to us so quickly.  I had wanted another child for a very long time, but we waited many years until we were ready, and then you came to us.

It will take me a very long time to understand and accept that you couldn't stay with us, that it wasn't your future to be part of our family.

Six weeks - that's how long I have known about you - and loved you right from the very first moment.  It was one of the happiest days of my my life when I saw those two pink lines.

When I saw your tiny heartbeat fluttering on the ultrasound, I thought mine would burst with love.

But, the happiness and excitement couldn't last, and you left us.

I would've been so proud to be your Mama.  You would've had a great Daddy too - and the most wonderful sister that any child could wish for.  There would've been a lot of love here for you.

I will never forget you.

With all my love,
Mummy.

(The letter I buried with our baby)

No comments:

Post a Comment